Monday, July 9, 2012

It's beautiful in Vermont right now--just the way summer should be. I am hustling around with multiple lists in my head, getting my cute little Montpelier house ready for her first rental guests next week. I hope I have applied the eyes of a newcomer to this place. Finding the weirdnesses in your own house is not easy. One time when I lived in West Virginia, a guest took a bath because she could not figure out how to make the shower work but was too embarrassed to ask me. It was one of those weirdnesses.Here, it's probably the puzzle involved in getting the TV and DVD player working. It's a mystery even to me. What I am worried about is what is not a mystery to me but might be to new eyes.

Breaking down the steps to using the washer seems ridiculous until you look at the washer. I keep reminding myself this is both too much information and essential "in the event..." It can, of course, be ignored if not needed.

This is a good project for me--it has forced me finally to swap the sewing center with an out-of-place bookshelf and to replace a behemoth of a second TV with a new smaller flat screen--which I can place on aforesaid bookshelf and open up the room more. And it keeps me busy while I wait for my DiploDaughter to come home from her war zone post. It's 24 days today, by the way.


No comments:

Post a Comment